Privafy NetEdge is a powerful endpoint for securing physical locations, serving as the enforcement point for the security policies from the Privafy cloud. The device has minimal software which reduces the surface area for attack on the edge of the network.
In traditional point solutions, malicious actors clone enforcement points by stealing the identity of the primary enforcement points (keys). By gaining physical access to the enforcement points, the malicious actors gain access to with the cloud.
- There are no ports on the NetEdge to gain access to the internal keys. If a malicious actor tries to open the device, the tamper detector turns on and the device is rendered unusable. Credentials are maintained in a tamper-proof hardware module.
- A secure hardware module is used to establish a root of with the NetEdge. The Privafy cloud leverages this root of trust with the NetEdge device to establish and maintain a unique, cryptographically secured and verified identity. Cloning is not possible and detectable by the Privafy cloud.
- The secure handshake with the other NetEdge, CloudEdge and AppEdge peers in the network are established dynamically through the absolute encryption to ensure air-tight security for the Data-in-Motion between with the two endpoints.
NetEdge can be deployed as a standalone security solution or as part of an existing firewall-based security solution. Where a firewall is already present, NetEdge can deliver additional value by discovering the attacks that your firewall may miss and using those discoveries to stop future attacks and remediate current breaches. As cyber-attacks become more complex, many businesses can benefit from having NetEdge’s intelligent, AI-enabled line of defense behind their firewall to detect and stop more advanced attacks.
Unlike traditional security systems, NetEdge is available for a low monthly fee as a service, with no high upfront costs. Best of all, NetEdge is simple to install just plug it into your network, activate the Privafy service through our PrivafyCentral dashboard, and you’re protected. NetEdge also eliminates cumbersome processes avoiding errors that commonly occur with manual intervention.
- Up to 1 Gbps throughput with no performance degradations
- Active-Standby redundant ISP WAN link steering
- Active-Standby redundancy across stacked devices (up to 10 devices per location)
- Chip-embedded device keys
- Clone-proof device
- Data storage protection from power loss
- Error-correcting DRAM
- Hardware-enforced secure boot operating system
- Multiple CPU cores
- Redundant WAN and LAN port connectivity for link redundancy
- Self-managed software with automatic updates
- Tamper-resistant design
- No USB, SD card, etc. inputs
- External tamper detection circuit
- Sealed tamper-resistant case
- Ultra-low power consumption
- RAM: 16 GB ECC enterprise-grade (2×8 GB)
- Storage: 128 GB SSD
- WAN: 2 x 1 Gbps (2 x RJ45 connectors)
- LAN: 2 x 1 Gbps (2 x RJ45 connectors)
- Flash: QSPI 512 MB
- Expansion: 1 x M.2 connector
- Sensors: Temp sensor, case temp sensor
- Internet throughput: Up to 1 Gbps
- IPS throughput: Up to 1 Gbps
- Threat prevention throughput: Up to 1 Gbps
- Content inspection (CI) SSL throughput: Up to 1 Gbps
- Maximum connections: Up to 1 Gbps
- Maximum SSL connections: Up to 1 Gbps
- Maximum CI SSL connections: Up to 1 Gbps
- Maximum site-to-site throughput: Up to 1 Gbps
The Perfect Pairing of Protection and Efficiency
Privafy’s efficiency is best highlighted by our ability to protect Data-in-Motion while using 90% less power consumption than conventional point solutions.